Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

{Review} The Theory of Attraction by Delphine Dryden



Ebook - 136 pages
Published July 2012 by Carina Press


Camilla can set her watch by her hunky rocket-scientist neighbor who jogs past her window each day. She relishes each glimpse of his shirtless abs, and is dying to see more. But it's hard to connect with a man who doesn't seem to know she exists...

Ivan feels at home in the lab, not in social situations. When he finally approaches his attractive neighbor, it's not for a date--he wants tutoring in how to behave at an important fundraiser. Ivan doesn't expect the chemistry between them to be quite so explosive, and is surprised when Cami actually accepts his proposal to embark on a series of "lessons."

Cami soon discovers Ivan's schedule isn't the only thing he likes to be strict about--he needs to be charge in the bedroom as well. She's shocked at how much she comes to enjoy her submissive side, but wonders if a real relationship is in the equation...



It's been awhile since I properly blogged.  I know.  I'm a bit of a flake.  I know that, too.  You wouldn't be the first to say it, and I'll bet you my last few fingers of whiskey that you won't be the last.  So let's just move on from how I tend to vanish for long periods of time (FYI, I do this in real life too, so don't take it personally) and segue right into this hot little ditty of a book, shall we?

I'm not ashamed to admit that I love a good romance.  And having grown up on the scandalous Harlequin's of the 80's (which are MUCH smuttier than most stuff now, by the by), I love me a good "smut book", as my Ma calls them.  

Hearing my Ma use the word Smut disturbs me more than what's written inside said books.

Anyway.  Sex and romance, me likey. 

When The Theory of Attraction by Delphine Dryden popped across my reader, I almost rolled my eyes.  Having just finished a horrible "erotic" trilogy I won't mention by name that I hated (Here's a hint - I nicknamed it Fifty Shades of Snoozefests), I was dubious.  The onslaught of erotica/BDSM/sexsexsex books to hit the mainstream market since said Snoozefest had left me overwhelmed with average writing and boring characters.

Not this book. 

I fell in literal love with Ivan's geeky awkwardness.  I adored Cami's average girl vibe.  I found their interactions believable.  This author wrote about sex and BDSM in a way most (especially one) haven't recently - intelligently.  

At 136 pages, this was a quick, hot read, and it hit all the right spots.  Twice.

“In the National Geographic movie of my twisted mind, the lion had just leaped on the gazelle, pinned it to the ground and mounted it from behind. Apparently, the devouring could wait. I should point out that these little flights of fancy on my part often involved extremely improbable animal pairings. I blamed cartoons.” 
-Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment