Pages

Thursday 23 February 2012

What's Next? Outpost by Adam Baker



I've been reading so many Chick Lit titles lately, and I'm not sure why.  Don't get me wrong, I love romances, happy endings (both in books and in ... life.  Thought I was gonna go there, didn't you?), sexy heroes and realistic, ballsy, sarcastic heroines.

But sometimes a girl just needs a good World Is Ending is book, and sometimes the urge for a good Zombie book is so strong that it eclipses everything else around it.  Outpost by Adam Baker has been staring at me for weeks, begging me to devour it.

That's where I am in my life right now - a stranger in a new city, overwhelmed and under prepared, and in dire need of zombies to take my mind off of everything.  No wonder my therapist charges so much.

The last zombie book I read was Rihannon Frater's The First Days, and it blew my mind (Seriously.  Mind still blown), and may have ruined any chance of other books in the genre coming even close to leaving a lasting impression.

My fingers are crossed for you, Outpost.  My fingers are crossed.


They took the job to escape the world
                                          They didn't expect the world to end.

Kasker Rampart: a derelict refinery platform moored in the Arctic Ocean. A skeleton crew of fifteen fight boredom and despair as they wait for a relief ship to take them home. But the world beyond their frozen wasteland has gone to hell. Cities lie ravaged by a global pandemic. One by one TV channels die, replaced by silent wavebands. The Rampart crew are marooned. They must survive the long Arctic winter, then make their way home alone. They battle starvation and hypothermia, unaware that the deadly contagion that has devastated the world is heading their way..




No comments:

Post a Comment