Pages

Thursday 1 March 2012

Fixing Yourself Without Whiskey #1 - Just One Thing





Well, you voted.  I'm actually a little surprised how the votes turned out - you guys chose such a NORMAL book for me!  And might I say, an easy one?  Do I have to tame my inner bitch for the good of the world?  No (I think I just heard my neighbours sigh).  Do I need to Add More Ing, while not knowing what the fuck "Ing" is?  No.  All I gots to do is think some zen, Buddha-like thoughts.

Piece O' Cake, my lovelies.

"This book offers simple brain-training practices you can do every day to protect against stress, lift your mood, and find greater emotional resilience.  "

It's like you guys are telling me I need to cheer the fuck up.

This book is meant to be read in a few different ways - it's broken into 52 "simple" practices that the reader can either do by sections, or once a week, etc.

I like to go against the grain and am a big fan of instant gratification, so I'll be doing things a bit differently.  I'll read one practice a day (sometimes two), and each week will do a quickish summary.  At the end of the month, I'll roll all of my experiences into one general review.  Namely, did the book have an effect on this cynical redhead, or did I pass out mid-enlightenment in a whiskey haze?

Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment